Excellia - Flawless Banking
by, 12 August 2011 at 02:18 AM (5667 Views)
In the previous post I mentioned I would work on the item support some more. Well, I did.
I've been optimising and improving the way it was handled, going all the way back to the roots of the item support system. I've managed to reduce the work that comes with item support handling, applying the DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle wherever possible. After those improvements and quite some edits to the Bank container, I found myself with a flawless banking system.
I wanted to provide some more information about what this system contains, so here goes.
- Naturally your basic withdraw-/deposit-1, 5, 10 and all.
- Withdraw-/Deposit-x compares and modifies your entered amount with the amount of occurrences of the item and the free space in the container where it is transferred to.
- In the case of a full bank or maximum item stack, you cannot insert any items into the bank deposit box.
- Depositing from the deposit box to the bank works flawlessly.
- When the deposit box interface is closed, all items still within will be transferred back to the inventory (just like RS).
I can say I'm very satisfied with the results. The system is efficient, clean, accurate and easy to use. Therefore I have decided to proceed with item support. And of course that is trading. I suspect it will take quite some time, but not too much though. Some special classes will have to be made, and of course integration with the item event handlers is a vital part.
Thanks for reading, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them.