Thread: Recent Updates

Default Recent Updates

Hey guys,

We've had a few updates during/after the last open days, so I figured I'd fill you in.

Multi-combat areas
    You can no longer attack the same target as someone else whenever you like. This is now limited to special "multi-combat areas", which will display a Cross-swords icon (underneath the UnScape icon in the bottom right of screen, or above sidebar in resizable mode) when you enter them.
    Attempting to attack something that is already under attack outside of these areas will cause you to receive a message stating that someone else is already attacking them.

Multi-target spells are now fixed for these areas, and will only hit the player/monster that you originally targeted.

PK Skulls and keeping some items upon death
    First of all, you now keep your 3 best items (as judged based on runescape shop prices) when you die. This number becomes 0 if you happen to have a PK skull hovering over your head, and increases by 1 if you have the "Protect Items" prayer active.

Taking the first strike on another player in the wilderness without them having attacked you first will gain you a PK skull, which will disappear after 15 minutes of in-game time or whenever you die.
    Attacking a player who hit you first will not cause you to gain a skull.

Gods Glory + God Spells
    The Gods Glory mini-game is now functional and able to be played once again. I still plan on modifying it to be a little more engaging, but before I can do that I need to finish adding functionality to the NPCs (Particularly the ability for them to cast spells).

In other news, the 3 God Spells (Saradomin Strike, Claws of Guthix, Flames of Zamorak) are now available, and have their special effects which lower Prayer, Defence and Magic levels respectively.
    You must be holding the particular God's staff (obtainable as a reward from God's Glory) to cast the spells, and the staffs can only autocast the one spell. I will be adding the "Charge" spell's ability soon.

Auto-retaliate + more saved when you log out
    You can now enable the "Auto-retaliate" option in your "Player controls" menu (Emote list tab), which will cause you to automatically fight back immediately after receiving damage.

In addition to this, several things are now saved when you log out, either to make your life easier or to prevent people logging out to reset them.
    These include:
    - Walk/Run option
    - PK Skulls
    - Special attack energy
    - Poison

Anyways, Enjoy.
    Last edited by Mike; 2 December 2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Typo ;)

UnScape Original
    Blog Entries

Well well someone has been working hard lately
    Good job mate, keep up the good work!

One question.
    No doubt the prices of UnScape's items will be different than RuneScape's, are you planning on changing the value of these items as the game makes more progress?
    Thought I'd ask...

Well I can easily change the value of items which is used to work out which items are kept, but I don't really think I'll need to.
    Many items on RuneScape were worth a lot more than other items which cost more at a shop, people simply knew that they would be risking it before they went to fight.

I've intentionally left UnScape's prices blank, to be decided on once everything else is working. I'm not sure as of yet whether I'll make dropped items valued based on RuneScape's shop prices or UnScape's shop prices.

Blog Entries

Nice work! If I can drop my 2 cents, I think it would make more sense to bases the dropping of items on Unscapes shop prices, cause like, for example, if it was based on runescapes prices, and I'm using old unscape as an example, lets say someone had a dragon chain (which isn't that great in Unscape) and black g legs and kite (Part of the original unscape pk set.) If a player killed the other player with the previously stated equipment, then killer would obviously get the better items, but people go pking thinking that their itemes which are stat wise better would be safe. This is of course implying that the items that are stat wise better in unscape would be worth more. Just thought I'd say what I thought :3

Thanks for the updates. It all helps make the game better especially the god spells. I like them. lol

Signature Made by Hope.

Ex-Moderator
    :O
    Blog Entries

Sara Strike now works? SEXY.

Also, I love that you can keep your run on if you lag out XD
    the wolf in sheeps skin.

Sweet, now my god spells work, and I don't have to turn on run every time I log out!

Default omg i havent been on in forever

hey u got to tell me why it was shut down because i was mad when it stoped working

this is not the thread to be saying this try posting it in the red carpet section.
    or PM on of the staff members
    ----
    as for the updates
    good work ben! [=