Thread: Queen's Day 2011 (For the Dutch)

UnScape Original
    Blog Entries

Default Queen's Day 2011 (For the Dutch)

Queen's Day 2011

I wish all the Dutch people a great Queen's Day & Night!
    Don't drink too much; just more than the usual ;)

|

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Koninginnedag or "Queen's Day" is a national holiday in the Netherlands and the kingdom's other constituent countries, Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten, on the 30th April (or on the 29th if the 30th is a Sunday). Queen's Day celebrates the birthday of the Queen of the Netherlands and is supposed to be a day of national unity and "togetherness" (Dutch: saamhorigheid). The tradition started on 31 August 1885, on the birthday of Princess Wilhelmina, later Queen Wilhelmina. Since 1949, after the accession of Queen Juliana, Queen's Day is Queen Juliana's birthday on 30 April. Although Queen Beatrix's birthday is on 31 January, she officially celebrates her birthday on 30 April.
    Queen's Day is known for its "freemarket" (Dutch: vrijmarkt) all over the country, where everybody is allowed to sell things in the streets. Other activities during Queen's Day are children's games, individual musical performances, and music concerts. The night before Queen's Day is celebrated too in most cities, and this is called Queen's Night (Dutch: Koninginnenacht). The largest celebration of Queen's Day is in Amsterdam, Queen's Night in The Hague and Queen's Dance (Dutch: Koninginnedans) in Rotterdam. During the celebrations as reference to the colours of the House of Orange-Nassau, people dress in the colour orange, which is sometimes called "orange madness" (Dutch: oranjegekte).
    wikipedia.org/Koninginnedag

I actually had a really weird dream last night that I flew to the netherlands.
    But it was an island, like the map im playing in minecraft.. i was walking around the beaches trying to find my hotel but all i could see were really shabby run-down concrete buildings.
    It seemed really nice there though and there were heaps of hot girls, which really surprised me.. I remember thinking something like "Mike was right" lmao.

Then i rang someone on my phone and asked them how to get to my hotel and they gave me a really weird map which lead into a dark forest..
    And on the way there i was getting followed by a bunch of runescape characters who looked like they were going to PK me, one of them was some guy i knew IRL..
    When I got to the place there was no hotel there, just some guy who looked like a scammer selling tickets for something so i didnt go there, but i watched as the runescape characters went up and got scammed, and called them idiots..

Then i started heading back to the nice beaches but i woke up. How sad.

Yes, I know, very fucked up. But thats how dreams can be.
    No, I don't have weird dreams often.. actually, I rarely dream ever.. but I thought this was kinda funny, and somehow related to the netherlands, so I figured I'd share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unborn View Post
    But it was an island, like the map im playing in minecraft.. i was walking around the beaches trying to find my hotel but all i could see were really shabby run-down concrete buildings.
    It seemed really nice there though and there were heaps of hot girls, which really surprised me.. I remember thinking something like "Mike was right" lmao.

Then i rang someone on my phone and asked them how to get to my hotel and they gave me a really weird map which lead into a dark forest..
    And on the way there i was getting followed by a bunch of runescape characters who looked like they were going to PK me, one of them was some guy i knew IRL..
    When I got to the place there was no hotel there, just some guy who looked like a scammer selling tickets for something so i didnt go there, but i watched as the runescape characters went up and got scammed, and called them idiots..

No, I don't have weird dreams often.. actually, I rarely dream ever.. but I thought this was kinda funny, and somehow related to the netherlands, so I figured I'd share it.
    I laughed.

~ Love Truffles

Signature done by Ripvayne

Ex-Moderator
    :O
    Blog Entries

Happy Queens Day
    the wolf in sheeps skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy410 View Post

Happy Queens Day
    Lmfao, you just won an internet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unborn View Post

actually you never have a dreamless night but your memory is fucked so you can't remember then. but otherwise yes very strange and happy queens day.

UnScape Original
    Blog Entries

Well, some final results:

• Approximately 20 million people celebrated Queen's Day 2011, 6 million of which are foreign and do not live in the Netherlands.
    • The city of Amsterdam had well over 2 million visitors, which is quite large comparing to the average of 1.5 million.
    • Heineken (one of the official sponsors) has announced that their profits went well over the expected €650 million. The total profits of all beer labels in the Netherlands is unknown, but is said to be approaching the €1 billion.
    • All and all, it was a great day

@ Truffles:
    I laughed too

Ben, I'm sure if you had seen an IRL picture of me, you would've seen me walking around at that beach
    Last edited by Mike; 1 May 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Blog Entries

I watch the Royal weddng! at 2:30mam in the morning, I was soooooooooo tired but its history in the making!