Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Generation Updates

UnScape Original
    Blog Entries

Default Next Generation Updates

Bringing you the next generation updates.

Hey everyone, remember me?

For the past weeks, a lot of people have been asking if UnScape is even making any progress at all. Today, I'm taking the opportunity to tell everybody that it really is. And because a lot of people think I'm very creditable (apparently), I thought I'd post this to give you the ensurance that UnScape really is being worked on.

This thread is pretty much the additional section of the updates posted not long before these, find them here: Shop System Update!

Now let's continue, shall we?

To start, I'd like to say that the changes and enhancements made within this pack of "Next Generation Updates" are aimed at providing a more comfortable user environment as well as making the server's appearance look better. Do not expect so many content updates (as these are being made constantly), expect the "I'm so glad we got this now!" kind of updates. So time to start listing these..

Color-coded item amounts
    Cheering up your item containers.

The client now supports color-coded item amount indicators, to allow an easier view on bulk item stacks. Your coins will now look prettier at higher amounts, as will all other items. When reaching amounts higher than 100K, the amount will turn white while higher than 10M will make it turn green, any other amount (less than 100K) remains yellow. And this is global! So it'll work in your inventory, bank, equipment, trade windows, and all other places your or anyone else's items will appear.

Mouse wheel support
    Enlightening your scrolling experience.

There is now a universal support for your mouse wheel. This means that every interface which has a scrolling bar can now easily be browsed through with the use of your mouse wheel. Think of your friends list, ignores list, chat box, and even your bank and emote animation buttons. It will scroll whatever interface you're currently holding your mouse over. It's all just as easy to use, and it's all available for you now.

Selective infinite store stacks
    UnScape's shopkeepers just got wealthier.

In order to provide the necessary attributes to players, UnScape now has certain stores which selectively support infinite item stacks. These items are mostly considered the common items such as runes, food, arrows, etc. Within the new client, you will also find the infinity symbol mentioned earlier to indicate what item stacks cannot be exhausted. So now, you don't have to worry about some greedy player buying up all blood runes right before you wanted to train your Magic level to 99! You can just stand next to him and buy the amount you want, which brings us to the next update...

Selective Buy-/Sell-X
    Preventing the cramps in your fingers.

Yes, you're reading that right. Yes, UnScape has listened to this popular request. We've applied our arguments against this feature and combined them to make a perfect match. The feature to buy or sell a user-specified amount is now a reality - in a way which has been thought through thoroughly. As mentioned in the previous updates, the shop system has already been rebuilt from the ground up to support this feature, and we're rolling it out now. Enjoy the comfort of not having to stop buying your items because your fingers are killing you. And time has been spent in making the item scenery even easier to use...

Intelligent enter-amount interface
    No more counting zeros all the time.

Finally, there is this. I believe we've all had a lot of those frustrating moments where you want to quickly make a big trade, and you're slowed down because you have to count all those zeros in your offer. As of now, the way you enter your amounts has been changed. You can now use 'K', 'M' and even 'B' indicators to rapidly enter an amount, but we didn't stop there. With the brand-new system built into the client, it is even able to recognize a dot for decimal indications! So you don't have to worry about converting your Ks into Ms when entering 1.5 million, you can just use '1.5M'. And yet again the beauty of this is, it is in fact universal! So not only will it apply to your trading or shopping experience, you'll also be able to use it in your bank!

So let us see some of these awesome new features in action! Clicking the spoiler below will show you a screenshot of the new color-coded item amounts, infinite stock shops, buy-x and an example of the abilities of the new enter-amount interface.

In other news...
    • The client is now able to launch web pages in your default browser by server request, allowing you to e.g. be redirected to a help page when having the desire to be. This is very useful to provide an easier accessibility as well.
    • All instances of "RuneScape" are replaced by "UnScape" - this is our game, not theirs.
    • Several extra preparations have been made for the new and improved Donators area.
    • The Enchanted gem (used in the Slayer skill) now supports the "Kills left" to be told how many kills you have left for your current assignment.
    • Additional camera controls have been added: F12 to toggle, INS/DEL to adjust the X position, HOME/END to adjust the Y position and PGUP/PGDN to adjust the Z position.
    • A bug concerning some platform dependency issues for finding the proper cache location has been fixed.
    • The Java version checker - used to see if your Java version is compatible with the minimal requirements of UnScape - has been fixed to no longer crash when a version has a non-numeric suffix.
    • You can now cast low/high alchemy to turn items into coins - very useful for drops that you don't want.

We all hope you'll enjoy these updates. They are a big leap forward to the official release, and have cleared out multiple big obstacles on the way. UnScape has listened to your requests, and has honored them in the most intelligent way possible. I say now, have fun playing in the next generation of UnScape!

Click here to play UnScape on our webclient or click here to download the Windows desktop client!

Sincerely, with kindest regards,

Mike
    Retired Administrator
    Last edited by Unborn; 26 November 2011 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added alchemy. ;)

Wow (to ben: yes i readed the whole shit now) now ppl finnaly stop begging for the freaking X .... but i thought we all lose items but i see its not?

EDIT: i hope we gonna get more updates like these Great work Ben and Mike

Another EDIT 0.0:Nice Signature Mike
    Last edited by Emperor; 23 November 2011 at 07:41 PM.
    The walking history of Unscape - I've seen it all bitches!

Played in '08, rejoined in '10 - recent.

Well done, Mike Jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We all hope you'll enjoy these updates. They are a big leap forward to the official release, and have cleared out multiple big obstacles on the way. UnScape has listened to your requests, and has honored them in the most intelligent way possible. I say now, have fun playing in the next generation of UnScape!

Sincerely, with kindest regards,

Mike
    Retired Administrator
    This was my favorite part. It's all good, but I'm really looking forward to this games release.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Wow (to ben: yes i readed the whole shit now)
    "Whole shit", okay.

And Mike, oh yah.. you..

just kidding, hello my almost-forgotten fellow alcoholic.

Mr. Nikke
    Moderator of Unscape-Online
    Need help? PM me | Pking League
    "How you doin'?" - Joey Tribbiani ( Friends )

i am still didnt understand................
    you mean that every thin gonna be (no 1 coin) any more?!

(emperor I am used to use "?!")
    Signature removed for violation of the rules: Posting content from other private servers. - Unborn

UnScape Original
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Gomez View Post
    i am still didnt understand................
    you mean that every thin gonna be (no 1 coin) any more?!

(emperor I am used to use "?!")
    This has always been the intention, so yes. You better get used to it because eventually all items will have prices. You didn't expect everything to be for free for all times did you?

Ex-Moderator
    :O
    Blog Entries

*quotes whole post like douchebag*

COoOoOoOoOl story bro.

Really though, good job. Really long post.
    the wolf in sheeps skin.

Update: Added alchemy to the game due to high demand.

However, in order to prevent easy macroing, it doesn't give you any XP (likely to be subject to change).

I figured I'd just stick this in the list at the end of the latest update thread rather than make a new one for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unborn View Post
    However, in order to prevent easy macroing, it doesn't give you any XP (likely to be subject to change).
    Awesome!!! I think it should either stay this way, or it should give very little experience.