Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update suggestions

UnScape Original
    Blog Entries

Please be aware that this thread isn't limited to simply putting out whatever you may come up with. UnScape is in a massive dip right now and any move could be lethal if not thought through thoroughly.

With this I mean that you shouldn't stop at thinking of 'cool new features'. Think of the impact they may have on combat, other already existing content, the economy and the community. You could have a server with loads of content but without any fellow players you'll be gone in no time.

So before posting another suggestion; think of the short-term and long-term impact something may have and include those thoughts in your suggestion.

Why don't we just go with the old ideas. Wilderness keys and hard to get decorative armor.

Yeah its getting crazy with no updates people just max and log out and log in everyday to talk and then leave.
    The Dec Armour is cool if if was really expensive but i hate the idea you cant sell it though, because it'll end up being
    people not wanting to buy it because you cant sell it so there's no need.
    ----------><----------
    Ang's quest on #1 on high-scores
    99 in all!

Follow Unscape via Twitter @UnscapeOnline

UnScape Original
    Blog Entries

I believe the opinion of many new players would be that UnScape as a game already has quite some content (especially if they know what this game has to offer). However, there's likely a different reason which is more stimulating for them to leave anyway.

What I think is missing, and I've said this in-game before, is a true killer feature; something new players can look up to. It could be a quest, minigame or even a skill which requires extraordinary high stats to be part of. New players will, with the right guidance, be motivated to work hard for such an accomplishment. And while they're working on getting there, then those frequent updates should pop in and do the work of stalling their process to the ultimate level as much as possible.

Yeah like like some quests that we need some 90+ stats for to make people train to get a cat or scarf or something cool.
    I think quests would be awesome but a skill would be sweet to.
    ----------><----------
    Ang's quest on #1 on high-scores
    99 in all!

Follow Unscape via Twitter @UnscapeOnline

Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    Yeah its getting crazy with no updates people just max and log out and log in everyday to talk and then leave.
    The Dec Armour is cool if if was really expensive but i hate the idea you cant sell it though, because it'll end up being
    people not wanting to buy it because you cant sell it so there's no need.
    That decorative armor is the lowest tier of the three. That's only like 1/3 of the actual update. You get the second set by completing specific tasks (ex: Complete 200 full rounds of barrows), and the third set by having the same pieces of the first and second and then combining them. The update was targeted specifically for the more hardcore players to keep them playing while Ben worked on the wilderness keys.

herblore

Legends come and go but we three kings remain.

bitch ass
    Blog Entries

The quest and all of it's perks that would have came with it afterwards (the shops with new gear, etc. the new city)

Ex-Moderator
    :O
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    Turn me into a Mob with high ass stats and allow me to go rampaging through Varrock.

kkty

I'm happy with anything but that.
    the wolf in sheeps skin.