Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: DFS upgrade

bitch ass
    Blog Entries

Default Suggestion: DFS upgrade

Superfire Shield

Hopefully created using the same recoloring method used for Chaos Robes.

-A combination of a Dragon SQ shield, Antifire shield, and a Draconic visage.
    -This upgraded DFS would share the same stats as an original DFS, but would stack with an antifire potion, making dragonfire very very ineffective against the player.
    -It would have the same wield requirements, but require 90 smithing to create instead of 75.
    -After 200-250 uses, the shield becomes Superfire Shield (dis) for discharged, losing its stacking effect. Rechargable with dragon sq pieces (right or left, 50 for left 100 for right)
    -It would not be tradable while it is charged.

I think this would be cool because I suck at this game and it would give you a nice high-level piece of gear to create with your crazy smithing level.

Plus the completely original and detailed piece of content art on display here proves it might look nice with other dragon gear.
    Last edited by Ripvayne; 30 December 2015 at 09:18 PM.

First of all, the model looks great. I do like the idea because in my opinion dragons are a bitch to kill unless you safe spot them. It wouldn't really make sense for the dragon square shield parts to give you charges of anti-fire though. Maybe make it a little bit of a cash sink and make it rechargeable through a cash payment or with anti-fire potions themselves. Another note, normal dragon fire shield already takes 90 smithing to make.

bitch ass
    Blog Entries

I considered money being an option to recharge the shield but I figured that at higher levels, money is rather easy to come by - so unless you're pouring a hell of a lot into keeping the charge then it wouldn't really be much of a loss/sink. Using Dragon sq parts would make them more expensive as well as giving the player an incentive to grind for the pieces. The logic behind using dragon shield parts for charges is that the dragon sq shield is the component here that is actually making the shield stronger than it's normal dfs variant as it's an added layer of protective reinforcement.

I should clarify that 1 charge = 1 resisted attack from dragonfire. So 250 charges protects you from 250 attacks from dragonfire.

Totally behind this idea. It would make farming KBD a whole lot easier. Plus the model looks really badass. I would suggest that in addition to the items required you need 30 of each dragon hide color, and 50 dragon bones to create it.

You sir have my full support.

looks good with charges. I support.

Blog Entries

At the very least should recolor the current one to it as it looks so awesome!

But love the idea of a slightly more useful shield that has a high resource demand making it more an item for grinding exp rather then money since it'll cost you quite a bit to keep it's charges going.
    Digirular1 - Unscape Veteran February 23rd 2008 ( That's More Than 6 Years)

Please Like The Survival Game on Facebook =D. Facebook.com/TheSurvivalGame

This upgraded DFS would share the same stats as an original DFS, but would stack with an antifire potion, making dragonfire very very ineffective against the player.
    As I mentioned ingame, I'm not sure that I really want to make dragons so trivial. The whole reason I didn't make antifire potions stack with shields for total protection is because it makes killing dragons too easy.

It would have the same wield requirements, but require 90 smithing to create instead of 75.
    The regular dragonfire shield already requires 90 smithing.

After 200-250 uses, the shield becomes Superfire Shield (dis) for discharged, losing its stacking effect. Rechargable with dragon sq pieces (right or left, 50 for left 100 for right)
    It would not be tradable while it is charged.
    I don't think recharging with shield halves is a good mechanic. Too few charges per piece (like the 50 you mentioned) and the shield is pointless, because who is going to grind for shield halves to only get 10-20 dragon kills from each one. Too many charges and the mechanic is pointless. It's not really possible to find a good amount because it varies from person to person.
    The game also doesn't keep track of any data on an individual item level, so the number of charges would be shared across all shields on your account.

It's also worth pointing out to others that the image in the original post is not a new model. It's the same model we have now, but the screenshot is from a different version of RS and the image has been recolored. That is not how it would look ingame.

bitch ass
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the criticism Ben

Also yeah its not a model I just did a crappy in photoshop

I want a trident